Monday, August 12, 2013

Wonderful Weekends

I don't know about you all, but weekends seem to fly by for me! This past weekend, we had some things that were planned and others that were unplanned, but it was a great weekend all together.
Friday I got home from work at 5pm like I normally do, we were expecting company so I was excited to get busy once I got home. Remember me telling you that Preston and I are involved at a summer camp? Well, we invited some of the youth faculty workers over to our house for a cookout, sleep over, and then a breakfast on Saturday morning. Everything got started about 6:30, due to rain we had to stay inside, but it was still fun. Preston brought the burgers in from the grill just before it started down pouring, he was seriously just in time! We had lots of food, including these fresh fruit kabobs that I made to go with fruit dip



We stayed up for a while, I crashed around midnight, but everyone else stayed up until 4:00am, I felt like such a party pooper, but I was just so tired since I had been at work all day. Chloe snuggled with me in bed and we slept great since it was storming! Saturday morning we got up and made breakfast: pancakes, eggs, and bacon... yum! After we got our bellies full and I got the kitchen cleaned, everyone said their goodbyes and it was time for Preston and I to hit the road. We weren't planning on going to Lexington (KY) this weekend since we had been there the last 2 weekends, but my grandpa just had knee replacement surgery and I wanted to visit with him since he has to stay there for 2 more weeks. We decided to make a fun trip out of it and we decided to get a hotel for the night. I wouldn't dare leave Chloe at home so she stayed with my parents, we dropped her off on the way.


When we got to Lexington, we went straight to the rehabilitation facility my grandpa is in, I was pleasantly surprised at how nice of a place it is. We stayed and chatted with him for a couple of hours and then left to visit our friend Scott that has been in Lexington recovering from the kidney transplant he had a few weeks ago. Scott has two daughters and we decided we wanted to go bowling. As soon as we started our game, the bowling alley started their cosmic bowling and turned on the crazy lights... we all had so much fun bowling and hanging out together, Preston won!


After bowling we took the kids back to Scott and Machele's apartment and then Preston and I went to our hotel. We stayed in a nice place that I score on Priceline, I love bidding to "name my own price". Have you ever tried using priceline, it has saved us so much money on hotels numerous times!
Sunday morning we went to church at Southland Christian Church with my friend Brittany, it was great to see her and the service was awesome. Preston and I went to Dick's sporting goods where we got a couple of things, including my new fishing pole that I LOVE.... can't wait to go fishing now!


After a delicious lunch at Olive Garden, Preston and I went back to visit Scott for a little while and then we went back to visit my grandpa before heading home. While we were visiting my grandpa he was doing his therapy exercises, he was tired, but he is doing so good! After staying for a bit, we knew it was time to start the 3.5 hour drive back home... but not before we stopped at Starbucks to use our 2 free drink vouchers we had!


We got back on the road, stopped to chat with my family and pick Chloe up on our way, and then safely made it back home Sunday night. It was a great weekend.... a busy weekend, but a great weekend that went by way too fast, but hey, now we are 4 days away from Friday! What was your weekend like?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great weekend, Brooke! I would have been right there with you going to bed on Friday. Come the end of a week, I am TIRED!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love hearing from you! --Brooke