Monday, February 3, 2014

Wonderful Weekends

Happy Monday! Well, for me it's a tired Monday, I am in need of sweet tea for my "go-go juice" as I call it.
Let's recap the weekend, shall we?

Friday After work Friday I had a super low key evening. Preston was spending time out with a couple guys in the youth group so I decided to stay home. It was nice, Friday at work was absolutely crazy and I was so happy to see the weekend come. I spent Friday evening at home watching an excessive ammount Parenthood. Have any of you watched that show? I saw it on our Amazon prime account and decided to give it a try, I'm really liking it so far! I didn't leave the house Friday after I got home from work and it was great.

Saturday Saturday started slowly and then since the weather was nice in the afternoon, Preston and I cleaned and washed our vehicles inside and out, there was SO much salt and gunk on them from the snow. Yes, my car was just washed the previous weekend, but it was already bad again. While we washed cars, Chloe girl chilled and laid in the grass, she was so cute. I took pictures and worked on attempting to get some shots manually. I got a few good ones, but I definitely need to read more. Saturday evening we went to our local Mexican place for dinner, which was yummy as usual, followed by our weekly grocery shopping trip. I've been trying to meal plan better and shop smarter and we've saved a good amount on our grocery budget, which Preston and I have both been happy about. After we got back home, I crocheted a scarf and then we called it a night.

Sunday On Sunday we went to church, like usual. We had lunch at home and then I went to search for a trifle dish. I always see them and never bought one, and then when I needed one, I couldn't find one to buy. Thankfully I found one and then I went home. Preston and I made a s'mores trifle that I found on Pinterest (of course). I must say, it was pretty and turned out delicious, you can get the recipe here.

We went to evening services at church and then headed to our friend Jon's house where he was hosting a super bowl party. We had fun with our friends there and then went home for the night.

Here's to hoping for a good work week!
post signature

1 comment:

  1. Looks and sounds like a great weekend! I need to get a trifle dish now too, because I am making that deliciousness this weekend! My mouth is watering just thinking about it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love hearing from you! --Brooke