Monday, February 17, 2014

Wonderful Weekends: Valentine's Day

Happy Monday, everybody! I'm actually out of my office because we are off for President's Day, so technically I could say my weekend is still going, but I wanted to go ahead and post a recap of our previous weekend.

Friday I cleaned our house, did laundry, etc. while Preston shoveled snow outside. That afternoon, I was treated to getting my nails done. I was hoping to get acrylic with pink paint, but unfortunately the paint kept smudging (even after allowing them to dry 30 minutes). I wasn't happy with them but didn't have any more time, so the nail tech said I could come back the next morning to have them fixed. I went home and Preston and I made stuffed shells for dinner. It was a new recipe for us, it was so easy and so delicious, win! You can get the recipe here. Give it a try, I'm glad we did... it's a new fav for us now.  We enjoyed our salad and shells for dinner and exchanged Valentine gifts.  Preston got me an origami owl bracelet I have been wanting and I love it so much!  Due to my office being closed for snow, Preston had to spoil a surprise and told me about flowers I was supposed to get that had to be rescheduled since the office wasn't open.  I can't wait to get them and I love the thought he put into it! 

Saturday morning started out rough because we had plans to go to Johnson City and it snowed again over night.  Due to snow and ice we couldn't get off our hill and I was pretty disappointed we were going to get to enjoy our plans.  However, around noon the driveway melted off and then we headed to J. City, just a little later than planned.  We enjoyed dinner at Bonefish grill and then stopped in a couple stores before heading to Bristol.  Oh, I should mention I went in Michael's and scored some awesome deals... I love a good deal! Anyways, in Bristol we went to a few more stores, frozen yogurt for dessert at Sweet Frog, and ended our trip getting some fish for our aquarium at Petsmart.  Our day ended up being a great day together, despite the morning starting off rough.  

Sunday we went to church as usual and then had a quick lunch at home.  Our afternoon Sunday was spent at home and then Sunday evening we went back to church and then I went to the grocery store.  It wasn't a very busy day and I enjoyed it.  

Now for some pictures from our weekend... if you follow me on instagram, you've probably already seen these pictures, and if you don't follow me, you should! Brooke_Riffe


Stuffed shells, yum!





poor girl was worn out Friday night

post signature

2 comments:

  1. Oh yummy! The stuff shells look amazing! Your nails look great. Enjoy your day off!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those stuffed shells look so yummy! I also love your bracelet. I have the necklace version and wear it all the time!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love hearing from you! --Brooke