Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Wonderful Weekend: Spontaneous trip to Lexington

Well, the weekend recap didn't make it up on Monday, but just one day later isn't too bad is it?  This past weekend, Preston and I didn't have anything planned.  On Friday before work I was talking to my mom about their weekend plans and I found out my sister had a cheer competition in Lexington.  After thinking about it for a little while, by mid afternoon I planned to meet my parents and then head to Lexington after work.  We made it to Lexington Friday night around 9.

Saturday was the cheer competition so we were up early and got ready to head to the college where it was held.  It had snowed some Friday night.  Since Lexington is a big city, we thought for sure they would be good about clearing the roads.... boy were we wrong.  One of the main roads that runs straight through everything in Lexington was still covered in snow, traffic was the slowest moving I have ever seen it there.  No lines were visible and the snow was still coming down.  Here is a picture from a side road when we were heading to get some breakfast before the competition.

I know it's not as much as some of you readers, but I hadn't had this kind of snow on the road in a long time. When we came out of the competition, the roads were nice and clear... maybe a 1:30 UK basketball game had something to do with it?  Idk, couldn't help but wonder about it though.

Anyways, the competition was good, Brinley's squad did great, and of course, she looked like a flipping, flopping, flying, toe touching, hand springing, cheerleader that she is.

After the competition we got some linner (late lunch early dinner) and then after stopping back at my brother's house, we were back on the road and heading home.  We needed to get home as it was supposed to start snowing again.  Saturday night I planned on going back home, but since it was dark and roads were freezing, we all thought it was best if I stayed the night at my parents' house... good thing I brought clothes for church just in case that were to happen!

Sunday I went to the early service at church with my family.  It was nice to see people I hadn't seen in a while.  I left straight from church and headed home and an hour later I was back in my living room... talk about a quick trip to Lexington and back! Preston and I went out to lunch with friends and then I enjoyed a Sunday nap with Chloe girl.  While I napped, Preston was so great and washed my car to get all the salt from the roads off of it, it was so disgusting but he made it look shiny and clean.  After church Sunday night we did our weekly grocery shopping and then called it a night.

We had a pretty good weekend and we're already looking forward to the next one... I must say, I am looking forward to warmer weekends including some time outside and grilling.  Beginning to feel "over" winter.  Hope everyone has a great week!

post signature

2 comments:

  1. I love the snowy pictures! I wish, however, that nobody had to drive in snow. It terrifies me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! That is a lot of snow. Glad that you were able to go to the competition in spite of it. Sounds like a pretty great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love hearing from you! --Brooke