Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Memphis!


Well,  this week there's not a post dedicated to the usual weekend recap for 2 reasons.  1) Our weekend consisted of cleaning and me packing, and 2) I was on the road for 10 hours to get to Memphis on Sunday for the training I am attending for work this week.  Thankfully a coworker came to the training as well so I didn't have to drive the trip, or see Memphis, alone!
The training I am here for is to learn about leading correctional counseling, I'll particularly be leading a group for teens with substance abuse issues.  It's only day 2 of day 5 of the training and I've learned a ton, which was the purpose, but I've also had a great time in Germantown/Memphis, TN.
Sunday we got here, checked in to our hotel, grabbed some dinner at Macaroni Grill, and called it a night.
Monday we had training all day, had some homework, and then went out to Bonefish Grill.... yum!  After Bonefish we went to Ulta where I scored some great deals.  I have been wanting Urban Decay eyeshadow primer, online it's on sale for $10 but shipping was $8 so I didn't get it.  In store it was still $10, so I bought 2 tubes of it, plus some oh so good smelling shampoo and conditioner and 2 bottles of OPI nail polish, I was too excited about my new products.  After a stop at Homegoods, it was back to the hotel.
That brings us to today... had training until noon and then headed to down town Memphis.  We had lunch at BB King's, and then saw some interesting things around the city.  The Peabody Hotel is so gorgeous inside and their famous ducks are so neat!  Here are some pictures from our day, mainly checking out Beale Street.











You know it's a fancy hotel when toilets have their own lamps, haha, too funny.










We are going back into the city on Thursday, hoping to tour Graceland and the civil rights museum.
Hope everyone is having a great week!

post signature

3 comments:

  1. So fun, Brooke! I am jealous of your stop at Home Goods-I LOVE that place! Enjoy the rest of your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Memphis looks so fun, Brooke! I'll be stopping in Nashville for the first time ever when I move next month, and I hope it's half as cool as Memphis looks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the last picture of you! I've only been through Memphis once. Last year, we went to Flordia and took an alternate route home so that we could drive through Memphis. We wanted to add TN on our list of states we've been too. We were kind of bummed that the section of the Mississippi River that we saw wasn't so mighty. ha!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love hearing from you! --Brooke