Thursday, January 9, 2014

2014 Goals




I didn't know exactly what I wanted to work on this year when January 1 hit, but now that I've had some time to think about it, I have a few goals that I am wanting to work towards. Some will come easier than others, but they will all be a work in progress. Some are things I have been working on and want to continue to grow in. This post is mainly for me to have something to reflect on every few months as a reminder what I am working towards, sorry if I bore you!

Goal 1. Finish the devotion book I've started and begin the next one, not only reading them, but doing what it discusses.  Also, grow not only through devos, but also through the Word.  Continue my random praying throughout the day.  

Goal 2. Take time out of each day for Preston.  Being so busy, sometimes it's easy to be in the same house but not even together, I want to devote more time specifically to him.  Being married is fun, but I want to bring back some of the fun things we did when we were dating. 

Goal 3. Go to Curves at least 3, hopefully 4, times a week.  Eat healthier. With the combination of these two, I hope to be closer to my goal weight.

Goal 4. Be better at budgeting, and not only implement a great budget, but work hard to stick to it and save money.  

Goal 5. Wake up earlier.  I'm one of those people who set the alarm 20 minutes before time to get up, just to be able to snooze and then get up at the last possible minute.  What can I say, I love to sleep... but I could get so much more out of my mornings than what I do now if I would just wake up a little bit earlier.  I could start my day with a devo, actually have time to eat breakfast, and not be in a rush to get ready.  That all sounds so awesome to me, but then when it comes down to it, I just want to stay in bed... time for a change!

Goal 6. I may be dreaming instead of goal setting here, but I'd like to begin to enjoy running as exercise.  I've heard a lot of it is mental, so we'll see...

Any tips or advice to meeting these goals are greatly appreciated! What kind of goals do you have for 2014?


post signature


3 comments:

  1. What a great list! I'm totally one of those people that does that with the alarm clock too. Thought I was the only one. I need to focus on eating healthier and working on getting fit again. The Holidays really messed that one up for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great goal list. My goals for this year are almost the same!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great list! All doable and worthy goals!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love hearing from you! --Brooke