Thursday, September 5, 2013

Wonderful Weekends: Labor Day 2013

This past weekend really was wonderful, not only was it a long weekend thanks to Labor day, Preston and I went on a road trip to Indiana.... why Indiana? To see one of my best friends, and you may read her blog, we spent the weekend with Emily and her sweet family!
Let me give you a little back ground on our friendship, I think it is one of the coolest friendship stories!  In 2008, I went on a cruise for my high school graduation present from my parents.  I went with my mom and my aunt.  Carnival happened to seat us at the same dinner table as Emily, her mom, and her grandma.  We started hanging out on the ship, other than at dinner.  We had such a fun time.  After the cruise was over, we continued to stay in touch through facebook/email (I lived in KY, Emily was in FL).  We've managed to develop a wonderful friendship, Emily & her hubby came to our wedding, I went to her baby shower, we went to the vera bradley outlet sale together...even though we don't see each other often, we talk just about every day and I value our friendship.... so now you know why this past weekend was extra special! Anyways, on with the weekend!

 Here's a break down of our truly wonderful weekend:
Friday I left work at 11:30, ran home to get Preston and Chloe girl and load up the car and then we were Indiana bound.  We were on the road the rest of the day, it was a 9 hour drive.  We did good, only stopped twice, but hit construction about an hour from there house where we only moved 3 miles in 30 minutes, after driving all day and being so close to our destination, this was NOT fun.... but, thankfully it wasn't longer than it was.
We were happy to see this sign!

 We made it to Emily's and since it was late, we just went to bed.
Saturday Our plan was to go to lunch at Cerulean's and then head to the Blueberry Festival which is the largest festival in the mid-west.  We had lunch at Cerulean's and I'm so glad Emily suggested that we try it because it was SO good, Preston and I both loved it... especially Asian noodles! After lunch we went to the festival, we thought it had stopped raining, but sure enough, the rain came and we were drenched (not Emily and Miss Lilly, thank goodness).  We went back to the car and opted for plan B: outlet shopping!  I was completely fine with this plan as I love shopping.... but even more so at outlets.  This was great because we don't have an outlet mall.  We all found some great buys, since it was Labor day weekend, there were tons of sales, I think every store I went in was 50% off everything. After shopping a while, we headed back to the house (2 hrs away).  We stopped on the way for dinner at Culver's, another place I'd never been.  It was good! We ended Saturday shortly after getting back to the Donaldson's.
Sunday We got up and all got ready for church, went to church and then had lunch at a Mexican place.  After lunch we changed clothes and decided to try the blueberry festival again.  We stayed a little while, but this time it was so hot and we didn't want Miss Lilly to get over heated, so we left.... I think we were all burning up! We stopped at the grocery store on the way home and got ingredients for different dips for dinner.  Once back at the house, we had dinner and watched some Duck Dynasty before bed.
Monday we needed to get going pretty early so that we could make the trip back to VA.
View of IN wind mills on the drive home
We did pretty decent time wise and had a good trip, we stopped in KY at my grandparents house for a quick visit and then went to my parents house for a visit there, too.  We made it back to our home safely and without any problems or construction, I call that a good day!

Our Labor day weekend spent in Indiana really was such a fun time and I am so glad we were able to make the trip North.  It is always a blessing to spend time with Emily and Stephen, this time was even sweeter because I finally got to meet baby Lilly who is a complete doll that I just love!  Emily is one of my greatest friends and I am thankful for our friendship, we don't get to see each other often, so I am thankful that we spent a long weekend together, it truly was a wonderful weekend!


  Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, I love hearing from you! --Brooke