Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Thanksgiving, my birthday, and Black Friday

I don't know about you all... but the break from work last week was much needed and SO nice, especially since my break started a day earlier than expected. You see, Wednesday I was supposed to work half a day, however when I woke up and picked my phone to turn off an alarm I noticed a text message from my company. The first message said we were on a 2 hour delay due to snow... then another message followed saying that we were closed for the day! It was a great day off, especially since I saw the closing message before getting ready for the day. I used to hate when I would get up early, get ready, and then find out I was on a delay or no school... anyone know the feeling I'm talking about? Anyways, I decided to sleep a little, make some breakfast, and then took the afternoon easy, it was so nice! Then, Preston and I cleaned our house so that it would be ready for Christmas decorating after Thanksgiving. I used to have a routine on Saturdays of cleaning, but now I usually do it throughout the week. After some cleaning, I got in a work out at Curves, then came home to shower and get ready for the Thanksgiving service at church. After the great service, we had dinner at El Sombrero with some friends. The waiters found out it was my birthday the next day, so I was the lucky lady in the Mexican restaurant dancing with a huge sombrero on my head while everyone sang to me. So, my break really got started with a great Wednesday off.

Thursday-Thanksgiving Day
Preston and I got up early and headed to KY to have Thanksgiving with my family. We got there early to help cook and get everything ready for Thanksgiving at Grandmama and Popaw's house. After spending time preparing things at my parents' house, we drove to my grandparents where tons of my cousins, aunts, and uncles were with my grandparents. There are so many of us! We had a late lunch Thanksgiving meal. My family usually has our meal mid afternoon. I was given a birthday cake and was sang to, again! Thanksgiving was my actual birthday... the big 2-4. After eating and chatting a while, my mom, sister, and I hit the road for Huntington to start shopping. Black Friday is a tradition my mom and I have done together every year since I was in the 7th grade. Last year was Brinley's (my sister)first year at it. We didn't have any really hot items to get this year... but there were a couple of things we had in mind. Our first stop was Wal-mart and when we got there... we had a problem. My mom took her Civic, as it has a trunk that closes instead of a hatch that you can see inside of. For some reason, the trunk would NOT open. Not with the key, not with the lever, nothing. It was stuck, and stuck good. How in the world were three of us going to fit all of our shopping bags into a civic? We went on in Wal-mart and got a few things, including a set of Rachael Ray cookware that my mom and I wanted, we were happy that we were both able to get a set... such a great deal! Our back seat began to fill quickly, though. We headed to Target where I got my new steam mop I had been wanting and a few other things.... and the back seat continued to cramp, poor Brinley. Kohl's was our next destination. Usually we wait forrrreevvver in Kohl's... but this year, mom stood in line while I shopped, and then we switched places. We were in and out of the store in 45 minutes, not bad! We loaded our stuff in the car and went to the mall. We hit up several different stores and ended our shopping at Old Navy. I had some ON cash to use, so I was able to get tons of stuff. I love Old Navy jeans, so I got me a regular pair, a skinny pair, Preston a pair, and a pair for our angel tree child for Christmas. I got us some tops too...I just love ON! We had no room left in the car, literally. Brinley got in and got buckled and we piled it on top of her, then I got in and it was the same for me. We all cracked up and Brinley must not have mind too much because she was asleep within minutes of leaving the mall. We got home from our shopping trip about 5:30am. We unloaded our stuff and crashed for a few hours.
Can you see her eyes in there??

Friday I slept a while, recovering from the shopping madness the night before. Then my mom and I made some letters for my office door (post with a pic coming soon). After sorting through our bags and loading my car, I made another visit to my grandparents. After seeing them for a while, I got back on the road and was at home in an hour. I am thankful that I live close enough to my family to make a quick trip whenever I want. In fact, Brinley has a cheer competition this Wednesday and I am going to watch after work... I love that! After getting home, Preston and went to dinner and then I wrapped Christmas presents.
Well, that's about half of my break... come back to read about the rest of our weekend, you know you'll want to... we decorated for Christmas!!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

4 comments:

  1. That is too funny about the car! Wonder why it was stuck?? Just reading about your shopping exhausts me, ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Considering it opened just fine in our drive way before leaving... we have no clue why it wouldn't open!

      Delete
  2. Happy Late Birthday!!! Sounds like you all had a great holiday! I love Black Friday, but wasn't able to go shopping this year. It's so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love your waiting in line method for the long lines! I tried to convince my husband to do that at our doorbuster stop...but he wanted me to shop with him....so we still had to wait.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love hearing from you! --Brooke