Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Thanksgiving weekend continued/Christmas decorations

Happy Wednesday! Woohoo for half way to Friday! I am picking up where I left off with my last post and telling about the rest of our Thanksgiving break weekend.
On Saturday, we enjoyed sleeping in a while, it was SO nice! Our friends were going out of town and we were keeping their teenage daughters for the weekend, they came to our house around noon and that's when our Saturday fun began. I knew I wanted to decorate... and decorate we did! The past couple of years, Preston and I have only had space for a small tree since our town house did not have a lot of extra room for a large tree. Last year on Black Friday, we went to home depot and snagged up one of the artificial Christmas trees that are pre lit and can be either white or color lights. I was excited to purchase the 7.5 foot tree, but wasn't able to use it last year... so that was the first box of our Christmas "stuff" that I opened. This tree sits in our living room, right in front of our big window (which I love). The tree was incredibly easy to put together, much easier than other trees I have seen. Last year after Christmas I was also about to get a good deal on LED lights the day after Christmas, which was the perfect amount for our new tree. We debated for a while whether we wanted color or white lights on our big tree. The ornaments on this tree don't have a theme, it's more of a random tree with different ornaments that we've collected. This tree reminds me of the big Christmas tree my family had when I was younger, big, colorful, and full of random ornaments. While some people may think color lights are tacky, that's what we chose and I am glad we did! Our other two trees have white lights so the colors just make this tree fun! In our entry way, we have a tree as soon as you come in our front door. This is a new to us tree that Preston got at a church auction for just $15. We didn't have everything we needed for this tree, so the girls and I headed to Wal-mart to get a few things while Preston got the tree put together. This tree is quirky and a tad girly, but we thought it turned out really cute, especially Gabby (who helped me decorate everything). I love the bright colors it has. In our kitchen is where our 3rd and final tree is. This tree is small and is in a corner of the kitchen. It has a set of white lights, as well as a strand of s'more snowmen lights. Have you seen the s'more snowmen? I had got a nightlight that I thought was so cute and Preston's Nana happened to have a set of lights that were Preston's moms that were not used that matched it perfectly. These lights are special, which makes this little tree special. Right now there is only one ornament, a little skiing s'more snowman. While it may look funny with only one ornament, we are looking forward to collecting S'mores ornaments over the years and having this tree as our special little s'mores tree. After hours of decorating, we had some pizza for dinner and called it a night.
On Sunday, we went to church and then went to the theater to watch "Catching Fire". Whew, I don't do suspenseful movies and this was about all I could handle! It was a good movie and then we had church in the evening. We cooked spaghetti for dinner at home and watched another movie, this time, "Pitch Perfect".... crushed it [anybody recognize that line?]. We had a great weekend having the Bostic girls and their dog, Cujo, staying with us.
Now, a dump of pictures of a small glimpse of our decorations...

Need to put our wrapped presents under there!



Entry way tree that still needs a tree skirt



Our little S'mores tree
Aren't they too cute?






Because I was feeling festive... glitter finger nails :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

1 comment:

  1. Your trees all turned out so pretty! I love the LED lights. I think I'm going to have to go to Wal-Mart after this Christmas to see if I can find some for our family. I love a good deal. =) We have colored lights on our tree too and I think they are so cheery. I love your sparkly finger nails too. They are so festive.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love hearing from you! --Brooke