Tuesday, November 26, 2013

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...well, outside anyways!

Good morning, readers! I'm glad you stopped by...
This past weekend, Preston and I did a few different things, but our main focus was getting the lights put on our house outside because we knew that cold/bad weather was predicted for this week. We are excited to decorate the outside of our home this year because it is our first year getting to do so. Before, we've either been in an apartment or town house, so we didn't have outside decorations, but this year we are in a house and we knew we wanted lights... white lights, that is. I like colored lights in some places, but Preston and I both wanted all white lights on our house.
We started with the front door, and then the icicle lights, and the trees and deer. We put the candy canes up towards the end and they look so cute by our walkway. We planned on putting lights on the side of our house, too... but it was too dark and too cold by the time we got to that part. We plugged everything up and were happy with the results, except for one part where the lights decided not to work. We are going to change out the set, but haven't been able to just yet. Oh, I should also mention we have 2 posts on the sides of our driveway. We covered them in white plastic and added garland and sparkly bows, I love them! I also want to add that it was cold outside, but miss Chloe would not stay inside. She would rather be outside with us, shivering in her sweater, than inside on a blanket. Of course, she didn't mind when we went inside to warm up with some hot chocolate!
This weekend we are decorating inside, I'm excited to see our new home all decorated for Christmas...now for pictures!


Do you decorate outside for Christmas? Image and video hosting by TinyPic

3 comments:

  1. Your house looks great! I love the classic look of all white lights! I wish we could decorate, but we don't have outside outlets in the right places. boo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh! LOVE the lights! It's so exciting isn't it? Outside is usually my hubby's thing..we went all out this year.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love hearing from you! --Brooke