Monday, November 4, 2013

Wonderful weekends: game night, new hair, and home improvements

Happy Monday, everyone... just thought I would recap our weekend, while it wasn't very relaxing, it sure was productive!
Friday I left work early because I needed to head to the DMV for my.Virginia driver's license... I was not a happy camper, I had guests coming over for dinner and needed be home at 5:30, plenty of time, right? Wrong! We didn't leave the dmv until 10 til 6.... after finally getting out of there, we got home and I started making the soup for.dinner. Even though the evening started rough, see enjoyed having friends over for dinner and game night, we played clue.
On Saturday, Preston and I both went to our hometowns, but not together. Preston went home to work on his car, fixed the problem and gave it a wash. I went to Kentucky because Chloe girl and I had hair appointments, after dropping her off at the groomers, I went to my appointment. I knew I wanted to go brown and ditch the blonde.  After looking at some colors, we (my hair dresser that I've known since birth and I) picked a brown with a tint of red... yes you read that correctly, RED! I wasn't sure about it, but now I love it. In this visit I also bought the flat iron I've been wanting and I was super excited to get it for 25% off! After mine and chloe's appointments, we went to my parents house and I helped my mom organize her sewing room and install a new cabinet and counter top. After a visit to my grandparents, it was back on the road and an hour later I was back home.
Sunday we went to church, then walked back home for lunch. After a quick lunch we started laundry and then went outside to work on our flower bed project. The bed is now ready for planting, which is this coming Saturday's project. We also got the new medicine cabinet put on the wall in our master bathroom and we love it! After that we headed back to church. We've started working in the kids Christmas musical and it's going to be great! We enjoyed Mexican for dinner and ended the night with straightening up the house a little bit. It was a great weekend and we got lots accomplished! Already looking forward to next weekend!


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

3 comments:

  1. LOVE the red hair! And the flower box too-come build me one!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's funny how as homeowners we get excited by things like medicine cabinets, isn't it?! Sounds like the perfect weekend to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at you go with that drill!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love hearing from you! --Brooke