Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Long Weekend Recap

Hello, Everyone... I feel like sometimes I just get in a rut of only posting weekend recaps because I don't have much to say throughout the week. This week has been a pretty low key week so far, but we are adding some fun tomorrow evening, we are having friends over and then Friday and Saturday we'll be in Pigeon Forge. Remember me telling you I was looking forward to the Dixie Stampede Christmas show? Well, we are going this Saturday and I cannot wait! Be sure to check back for detail from that adventure, but for now, this is a post about our previous weekend, one in which I had an extra day off.
Friday evening Preston and I headed to Lowe's to get some an enormous amount of soil so that we could plant our fall bulbs. We had a successful trip and came home with 13 bags of soil, 2 flower pots, and a clearanced halloween garden flag that I will use next year. After getting the soil unloaded at home, we visited with friends and their adorable new puppy, Cujo.
Saturday we had some breakfast and shortly after that Nana and PawPaw arrived and we got started on yard work. We cleared out weeds, planted our flower bulbs, pressure washed the sidewalk, etc. I couldn't believe the difference, I wish I would have taken before and after pictures because it seriously looks SO much better! For dinner, I tried a new recipe and made baked spaghetti, it was different than normal spaghetti because you use cream cheese in it, it was pretty yummy, thanks Pinterest! I made brownies so that we could have brownies and ice cream, but we were all too full. Nana and Pawpaw took theirs to go and then they were on their way back home. We are very thankful for their help and as usual, it was a great visit with them. Saturday evening we ended up getting to go see our friends Cujo again. We enjoyed the rest of the brownies and ice cream and then went back home.
Sunday we went to church and then after a quick lunch we washed my car inside and out. I don't know about you guys, but I love a freshly clean car, I didn't want to drive it anywhere because I wanted it to stay clean, but of course, the purpose of a car is to go, not to just sit in the drive way.
Monday I was off for Veteran's day and I really enjoyed the extra day off. I planned to sleep in, but my internal clock got me up as usual, I did a few things around the house, snuggled and napped with Chloe girl, and got all the laundry caught up. Preston only had to work until around noon on Monday, so we enjoyed the afternoon together. I also went for my car inspection and got my sticker for my car, I'm officially a Virginian now. After a workout at Curves, I made breakfast casserole that we had for dinner and it was so yummy, if I do say so myself!
We had a good weekend and are excited for the next one. How are you guys? Any fun weekend plans coming up?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

3 comments:

  1. My clean car never stays that way for long:( Having kids totally makes it a little more difficult to keep it clean. Trips to lowes are the best..haven't been in a couple of weeks. Need to go soon to check out the Christmas stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to hear how you like Dixie Stampede. Have fun on your trip. Be safe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooof I have to clean my car so bad. I'm moving across the country in less than three months, and it needs it desperately! It sounds like you had such a fun, quiet weekend! I'm following you back :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love hearing from you! --Brooke