Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Wonderful Weekends: Pigeon Forge

Hello there, readers! I'm glad you have stopped back by my little spot in the blog world. This past weekend was the much awaited trip to Pigeon Forge, TN. While it was a quick trip, it was still wonderful and was some much needed time spent with friends.
On Friday, after work, Preston and I put our bags in the car and we were on the road to Pigeon Forge.  We had about a 3 hour drive, not too bad.  We met our friends, Adam and Renee at Mel's Diner for a quick dinner.  Being a diner, we all insisted on trying their delicious looking desserts, I had a chocolate malt and it was so good.  After dinner it was getting late (we didn't even arrive until around 9) so then we headed to our hotel.  We went to sleep around midnight and we had a full day planned for the next day.
On Saturday, we woke up early to get the day started.  We didn't want to waste our day asleep when we aren't in PF often and we don't get to see each other much.  After getting ready, we all headed to a place called Mama's Farmhouse for breakfast. If you can imagine endless pancakes, biscuits and gravy, eggs, bacon, sausage, breaded chicken, cheesy grits, cooked apples, and fruit coming in large bowls and served family style and constantly being replenished, you can get an idea of what this place was like.  It was a delicious breakfast and we had the sweetest waitress ever.  After breakfast we headed to the Dixie Stampede box office to pick up or pre ordered tickets so that we wouldn't have to wait in line later in the day.  At Dixie, there was a huge Christmas tree outside that I knew about so I took my SLR camera so that Preston and I could take pictures for our Christmas cards.  After multiple shots, we got some pictures that I loved and then we were back in the car.  We headed to Tanger outlets for a little bit of shopping.  We purchased a few Christmas gifts as well as P some new tennis shoes.  We stopped for some Starbucks and Dunkin' for drinks and then shopped a bit more at another location.  We finished up our shopping and headed to Dixie Stampede for our dinner and Christmas show.  We were early but didn't really have anything else we wanted to do, so we went by the horse stalls and looked at/talked to some of the beautiful horses that were out before getting ready for the show.  We also took advantage of the gift shop being empty because I wanted some of the soup mix, I loved being able to get what I wanted without having to fight a crowd (we'll save that for black Friday).
When 6:00 hit, it was time for the show to start.  The pre show was good, like usual, but I was ready for the much anticipated Christmas show... and the soup that I love.  We got to our seats, which were great might I add, and met our wonderful server/elf, Danielle. The battle was between the north and the south poles, we were on the south.  From the soup, to the Cornish hen, potato, pork, corn, and apple turn over, the dinner was fantastic.  The show had the stunt horse riding and competition races like normal, which is always entertaining....but I loved the nativity scene, it was just amazing.  I am not sure why, but those camels were just so awesome to me.  I don't want to share too much in case there are readers who haven't been to the show, I don't want to spoil it.  But, I will say, if you ever get the chance to go to the Dixie Stampede Christmas show, go... I believe it is totally worth it!
After the show we headed to the car and then dropped Renee and Adam off at the hotel so that we could get on the road back home.  We got home at midnight and went straight to bed.
After church Sunday morning, we went to get Chloe, she had been staying at our friends' house who were so kind to watch and take care of her. We did some laundry and made a grocery trip and that wrapped up our weekend.
Now, for a few pictures:


This tree was SO tall

friend time!





during pre show of DS, sorry for bad quality

during pre show of DS, sorry for bad quality
loved these Christmas lights
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great trip! The big Christmas Tree is so pretty! What a great idea to take your Christmas card pictures there. They turned out great! I want to go see DS in Branson now. =) Glad you had such a good time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it was such a good trip... you have GOT to take the kids to the DS Christmas show, you all would love it!

      Delete
  2. OH, I love your pictures! It sounds like it was such a fun trip...color me jealous :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love hearing from you! --Brooke