Monday, March 3, 2014

Wonderful Weekends

How was everyone's weekend? Ours was pretty busy, as we were in 3 different states, but all for good reasons.  I didn't work Friday so that we could head to West Virginia for a funeral visitation and service that was held this past weekend.  On the way, we stopped in KY (where I am from and where my family still lives) and we had our rings cleaned, the oil changed in my car, dropped Chloe off at my parents' house, and had a hair appointment.  After all of that was finished, we continued on to WV and went to the visitation service.  Of course, we hated the circumstances, but it was great to see people we hadn't seen in a long time.  After the service, we met our friends, Jade and Eric for dinner and then we stayed with them that evening.  The last time I saw them was last year when I was a bridesmaid in her wedding, we were so excited to see each other! 
Brinley had way too much fun w/ Chloe!

On Saturday, we met our friends Adam and Meghan for breakfast and went to the Christian bookstore. I was happy to get 3 new albums, I felt like I had been playing to same music for a while.  Then, we attended the funeral service, it was one of the most well done services I have ever been to.  After the service, we were back on the road.  We stopped again in KY to see my family.  We had dinner at my grandparents' house (Grandmama's fried chicken... yum!) My brother Bradley and his girlfriend had their winter formal dance, they looked great! After getting Chloe girl from my parents' house, we were back on the road to home. 

Bradley and Laikin

Sunday morning, after getting ready, we headed to Bristol to go to church with Preston's family, well first we dropped Chloe off at Nana and Pawpaw's house.  We had a great church service and then all had lunch at Preston's grandmother's house.  On Sunday we also went to Petsmart where Chloe girl was so good!  Normally she always wants me to hold her, but there she was happy to walk around on her leash.  We got more fish for our aquarium, and of course got Chloe a bag of treats. We were headed home to beat the snow after that.  

Our weekend was a busy one, but we were with family and friends we hadn't spent much time with lately, so it was great.  I'm sure I'll be a little tired at the beginning of this week trying to catch up on sleep, but it's worth it... here's to a great work week! 

3 comments:

  1. Glad you guys were safe with all your travels! Chloe in the bow is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great weekend! Your brother and his date look good! What'd you decide to do with your hair? Did you get some more color?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love hearing from you! --Brooke