Monday, March 17, 2014

Wonderful Weekends

First of all, thank you all so much for your encouragement and kinds words in response to the post about us losing Mawmaw.  Your words mean more than you know.

On to the weekend recap...here we are at Monday again, is it me or did the weekend fly by?  This past weekend we didn't have many plans, and that was just what I needed.

On Friday, my friend Katy and I decided to meet up after work to walk.  We walked the bike trail in our town, I hadn't ever been to it before.  The beginning of the course had lots of uphill walking and we definitely felt it!  My legs were so sore, but I suppose that's a good thing! We ended our walking after 3.3 miles.


After getting home, I got ready and Preston and I decided to go out for dinner and a movie. We had Chinese, made a quick trip to Wal-mart, and then watched "Son of God".  The movie was really good, but long and since it started at 9:25, I was tired by the end.  I was in the bed shortly after we got home.

Saturday morning, I slept in until about 9 and after gaining some motivation, I cleaned the house that afternoon while Preston was gone to a benefit basketball tournament.  After cleaning the house and cleaning the inside of my car, Preston got home and we did our grocery shopping for the next week.  I have been wanting to try some new recipes, so I am happy that every dinner we have planned for this week is something new!  When we got all the groceries put away, I made cheesy bacon ranch dip that Katy told me about.  YUM, it was so good! Preston and I had a "snacky" dinner of chips and dip, boneless wings, and pretzel bites... not the healthiest but good.  We had a pretty low key evening at home after dinner; I watched movies while Preston worked on homework.  Even though it was pretty slow getting started, it ended up being a pretty productive day.



Sunday we went to church as usual.  Afterwards, the youth stayed to practice for the Easter play.  We took them to a local pizza place for lunch and then killed time at our house watching a movie and playing games until time for evening church.  Miss Chloe loved having company over and of course, made herself the center of attention.

We had a good weekend and are ready for work week; here's to hoping for a smooth week!

HAPPY SAINT PATRICK'S DAY! 

post signature

2 comments:

  1. Okay, you can't tell us about a delicious dip and not share the recipe! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on the 3 miles. When I started exercising again this year, I felt so sore. I took a few days to feel better. =) My hubby and I love Chinese food too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love hearing from you! --Brooke