Monday, March 31, 2014

Wonderful Weekends: C-A-T-S CATS CATS CATS!

Here we are at Monday, friends! Okay, before I start my weekend recap, can someone tell me how it is already the last day of March and that we will already be in month 4 of this year tomorrow?! I feel like we just celebrated Christmas, am I the only one feeling this way?  Anyways, we had an enjoyable weekend and I hope you did as well!

Friday after work I headed home to get ready for our basketball party.  I'm not sure if you all are basketball fans or if you have been following along with March Madness, but we sure have.  Being from Kentucky, I bleed blue and love the Kentucky Wildcats. We had friends over for 2 games on Friday evening.  We had quite the spread for our food, mainly appetizers and cake. We had such a fun time with friends and enjoyed a UK win over Loserville Louisville.






Saturday we had planned on going to watch my sister, Brinley play softball, but due to the weather it was cancelled.  Since we were home and hadn't planned on it, I didn't have a whole lot to do.  Preston went somewhere with a guy from our church so I decided it was finally time to do something about my nails.  I had arylics since Valentine's day and decided it was time for them to go. Normally I try to remove them myself and end up ruining my nails.  I am so glad I paid to have them removed, much less painful and my nails don't look weird like they normally do when I take them off.  Since I was already in the shopping center, I ran in Cato where I scored some cute earrings for $1.99 and then went to a shoe store and got a pair of Clark's sandals on clearance, which was perfect because my black sandals are just about worn out, and Preston got some shoes for church. After catching up on some laundry and painting my nails, Preston and I went to our local Mexican restaurant for dinner, went grocery shopping, and then went home to watch a movie.  We rented "The Butler" from Redbox, it is such a good movie, if you haven't seen it, I highly recommend it.  Oh yes, also on Saturday I noticed my flowers have started blooming, hello Spring!





Sunday we went to church and then came home for lunch.  I had a Sunday nap (that's two weeks in a row, woohoo!) and then went back to church in the evening.  I came home with time to catch the second half of the UK game.  It was a close game, but the Cats pulled through with a 3 pointer at the end, sending the Big Blue Nation to the Final Four in Dallas!

Did you all do anything exciting this past weekend? I'm hoping to post more throughout week, but I'm not making any promises...Have a great week!


post signature

2 comments:

  1. Ummm...so we got The Butler from Redbox this weekend and watched it too. How funny is that!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Evan's my basketball fan and he's been upset that all the big 12 teams are out. lol. I'll tell him to cheer on UK! =) Good idea to have your nails removed by a professional. I never did that and it seems like they would take forever to heal. Sounds like such a great weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love hearing from you! --Brooke