Friday, March 28, 2014

Wonderful Weekends: Date Night, Cleaning, and a Sunday Nap

Woohoo for Friday! Normally if I post on Friday it's about what's happened through the week, but I need to go back a little bit farther. It's taken me all week to get last weekend's post up, oh well, life happens. Sometimes if I were this late in posting, I would just forget about it and not post it all together, but last weekend was fun, so I want to write to remember it, mainly for my own sake.

Friday evening I finished up with work and I was excited to get home because Preston and I planned an evening in Bristol. I was looking forward to shopping at a few stores that we needed to go to and as always, I looked forward to Cheddar's for dinner. We got to Bristol and stopped at Target first, I needed to pick up a few baby shower gifts from a registry for a lady at church. I also picked up a couple things for sweet Lilly's birthday. I'm not her mother, or sister, or aunt, or cousin.... but I love her to pieces to I embraced the occasion so spoil her :). After Target we went to Ross because I was in search of an Easter dress. If you've been to Ross in the spring, you know they have tons of dresses. After trying on 18 dresses, I ended up buying the first two that I tried on and they were $15 each, score! We have been looking for a rug for our living room, we needed a pretty large one and when I was looking at dresses, I caught a glimpse of one out of the corner of my eye.... went for a closer look. I loved it, Preston loved it, and now it's in our living room and matches perfectly! I took a picture, but it's not a very good one so I'll post a better one later. After our other stops at Petsmart and Books a Million, it was time for Cheddar's... yum! We had dinner and made our way back home, it was a great evening together.

Saturday we slept in for a little while, cleaned some, got caught up on laundry, and didn't do a whole lot. Oh, I washed my car, too. We did our weekly grocery shopping Saturday evening.

Sunday we went to church and then went a different local church because we were invited to our friend's going away lunch. It was great to see friends that we hadn't seen in a while. After lunch, we went home and had the best.nap.ever. Then in the evening, it was church again and then home.

We had a great weekend, a mix of fun time out and about together, and some down time at home, just what I needed! Hoping this weekend is as good as the last!

post signature

5 comments:

  1. I am so hungry for Cheddars now and I blame you for that, ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for finding a new Easter Dress! I need to find one too! I'll have to go to Ross to check out what they have. Cheddars sounds yummy!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love hearing from you! --Brooke