Friday, August 1, 2014

Thoughts for August

It's Friday, and I'm having my lunch break at work, which means just half a day to go until the weekend! I have been thinking about some things we need to get done/ will be doing in the month of August, and honestly, there is a LOT! So, time to try to organize all of these things a little bit.

1. The huge thing we'll be doing this month is moving to Kentucky. However, since our house is not complete yet, we will be staying with my parents until then. My parents have a spare room that we are able to stay in, but before then, we need to get it ready. My mom would like the carpets shampooed and the walls the be repainted, and I'm all for that, but before we can do that, the things in it have to go out. So, today on the first day of August, we are doing just that. Also with moving, we've got to pack everything.

2. Packing is such a large task, I think that it needs a bullet point to itself. So far, we've got our spare bathroom, half the kitchen, and the dining room packed... but the list of what we still have to do is endless. Since we are only staying with my parents for a short time, we plan on just using our large suitcases for our casual clothes and then hanging our work clothes, so that will be easy. Hopefully tomorrow morning I will get the blankets and candles that are in one of our closets boxed up. Preston is off this next week so that will be helpful in getting a lot of it done. I'm trying to figure out a way to take a day off just for packing, but I've got lots of appointments next week so I don't know if that is do-able.

3. Start ministry at our new church. Preston's official first day is August 10th, however we are going to meet up with some of the youth group and sponsors tomorrow. Also, next weekend they are having a church picnic they have invited us to so we are hoping to go to that. We are very excited to get started at this church- good things are coming, I can feel it.

4. We need to officially buy our house! Our offer has been accepted and the contract has been signed, so now we are going through the other steps working towards closing. We were shooting for closing some time in the last week of August, however it's likely to be middle of September. But I am hopeful, so that is why it's still listed in my August thoughts. And if we don't actually close this month, we'll still be doing several things to contribute to closing.

5. Speaking of our new house, this month we will meet with the builder to pick out the finishings. I'm excited about being able to pick and choose what kind of things are going into our house and I cannot wait to see the final outcome! Also excited to see the drive way cement, it is gravels right now.

Well, I only did 5 things, but I feel that those 5 things to do this month are pretty huge.... crazy to know that by the end of next month we'll be in our new house!! Wooo!

1 comment:

  1. Wishing you the best of luck on your new adventure! Thank goodness the workday is almost over :)

    XX, SS || A Little Seersucker Sass

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love hearing from you! --Brooke