Monday, August 25, 2014

Weekend-Wrap up: Flooding and Shopping

Hello, friends!

Monday morning strikes again. I'm already seeing not working next Monday as my motivation to get through this week. I've got a crazy busy week ahead of me work wise, so I'm pausing to remember our weekend.

Friday evening after work, I headed straight the the football field where my brothers play for tailgating with friends and family before the game. Game was scheduled to begin at 8:00pm. Well, thanks to the monsoon that came through the area, the game was on a delay... which put kick off at 11:00pm. The away team came from over 3 hours away, and if a teams calls the game off before half time, it is a forfeit. Being the first game, of course nobody wanted to do that. Between our umbrellas and my parents' camper that was in the parking lot for tailgating, we stayed pretty dry. When the game did get started, our team was doing great and my brother, Bradley, had a touch down. The rain picked up again- hard rain. There were 4 minutes left in the 2nd quarter and the game was delayed because it thundered. 30 minutes went on the clock. Then it thundered again and another 30 minutes were added. This was putting the game continuing around 1am. After waiting for the delays, the officials post poned the game until next month- so at 1:30am we knew the game was called off and we were going home.... one problem, flooding. Many people throughout our area posted flooding pictures on facebook, mudslides, covered roads, washed out driveways, etc. We had heard of a neighbor not being able to get home, so we figured out a plan. We were able to get home around 2 in my brother's truck and my Rogue since it's AWD. I should also mention that my older brother and my sister in law traveled about 3 hours to watch the game. It was a crazy night, but we stuck it out because we love my brothers, and the game.

Saturday morning we were supposed to meet friends in a town 2 hours away for breakfast before we started our shopping trip we had planned. However, due to the late night before, we ended up just hanging out at our friends' new town house, which was beautifully decorated. It was so great to see Eric and Jade and I'm thankful we are a little bit closer so that we can visit. After visiting friends, we stopped at a few stores in the mall and then had dinner at Olive Garden, hello giftcard. We had a few other stores to stop at afterwards and then we headed home that night. It was a great day and I was happy to have spent time with Preston as well as our friends, Eric and Jade.

Sunday we went to church, as usual. Church was great- the message was about being Men of God (last week was ladies week). I love that our minister pointed out that being a Christian man isn't wimpy as some may say- it is courageous: you can be a manly man and be a Christian. After church we got caught up on some laundry, I made a dessert for the picnic, and we watched some t.v. Didn't do a whole lot after church and it was perfect. Then Sunday evening we went back to church for a church picnic, which was fun and then we went home. At home, my mom and I sewed a few things on the embroidery machine and I was also fascinated by making me some t shirts with the heat press vinyl machine, hello monogrammed pocked tee.

And there you have it- our wonderful weekend. I guess I was too busy to take pictures, I'm a slacker when it comes to pictures on my blog, sorry for that.

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, I love hearing from you! --Brooke