Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Wonderful Weekends: Movies, Tradition, and Family

Okay, so maybe the title of this post was a little deceiving, you may think my family has a tradition to watch movies or something like that, but that's totally wrong. Instead,those are each pieces of our previous weekend.

 On Friday, we had planned to go to Kentucky, but due to nasty weather, we decided to wait. Instead, we decided to meet friends at the movies and we watched "Heaven is For Real".  Have you seen the movie, what did you think?  I had already read the book a few years ago so I was really looking forward to the movie... and I enjoyed it. So my personal opinion, it's a great family movie to watch.  Currently playing in our theater is "God's Not Dead".  I've heard it's a great movie, so we're wanting to maybe watch it this week.  Before we moved to our current location, going to the movies was so expensive ($40) for the two of us.  That's not the case now, as adult tickets are only $3.50 and that's the regular show times, not matinee... score!  We also live within walking distance to the theater so I am seeing walks to the movies in the summer.  After the movie we went to grab some dinner, made a quick stop at the grocery store and then headed home.
source
Saturday morning we got up and headed to Kentucky for Hillbilly Days.  Hillbilly Days has been around for as long as I can remember, it is a festival every April in my hometown, that attracts about 100,000 people.  Vendors, carnival, crafts, and what not.  I got my yearly chicken gyro and a few small hairbows for Chloe girl.... she looks sassy in cheetah, haha! We met up with my cousins who were also visiting, we enjoyed spending time with them while walking around and watching part of the parade.  After a few hours, we left and stopped by my grandparents house for a visit and then to my parents house to visit and pick up Chloe (we had dropped her off before). It was a great day and we headed home that night.  I am not quite sure why, but that night when we got home, I decided to clean the house... probably so we wouldn't have to on Sunday.

Sunday we went to church, and I must add, I was super comfy in a dress I bought last year at JCP for $5.  After church I grilled brats outside... yes I, and it's noteworthy because normally Preston is the one that does all the grilling, but I gave it a shot.  Lunch was followed by a fantastic and much needed nap.  We had church that evening and then enjoyed being at home the rest of the day.  

It was a great weekend and I'm already looking forward to the next one, which will include softball and prom, stay tuned! 


  post signature

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great weekend! I love that you are able to walk to the movie theater. That would be so nice! Ours usually does a free summer kids movie festival and that would come in so handy. I really want to see Heaven is for Real and God's Not Dead. Hillbilly days sound like a lot of fun. Glad you had such a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome weekend! I am jealous of your nap and cheap movie prices! I really want to see God is Not Dead-you'll have to let me know if you like it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How have I not followed you until now? I am very disappointed in myself. Forgive? I cannot believe $3.50 for a movie! There is no way. A matinee around here is $8. Highway robbery. That's what. I really have been wanting to see Heaven is For Real as well. The book was so wonderful. I'm not sure if I completely believe it... but I sure want to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard great things about the book but I've never read it. How awful is that? LUCKY YOU $3.50? The movies are so expensive around here also, it cost like $50 to take our family of 3. Ridic.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love hearing from you! --Brooke