Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Wonderful Weekends: He's Risen!

These days, weekends really are wonderful. I must say, I am glad to have a job that I have a steady schedule and I know that I have the weekend to look forward to during the work week. So let's rewind to last Friday.

Friday after work, I went straight to get some exercise in.  After that it was home to get ready and then to our church Easter drama.  Nana and Pawpaw came to the play Friday evening, so it was nice to see them.  The play had a good crowd and was excellent. 

Saturday morning we slept in a little bit, got caught up on laundry, and did a few things around the house.  Oh, and we made a big breakfast, which we hadn't done in a long time.  Saturday evening was the second show for the Easter play, it was great to have my in laws and part of my family in for a visit Saturday.  We didn't do a whole lot after the play since it was late (the play lasted 2 hours).  

Sunday we put on our Easter clothes and headed to church.  We had an Easter egg hunt with the kiddos from church afterwards, which was fun.  The girl and boy winner for the most eggs found were so excited! Preston and I had Easter dinner at home, I decided to make one of our favorite meals, cheddar chicken broccoli braid, you can find the recipe here. I usually make a few adjustments to the recipe, we like it every time! I had been congested since Saturday, likely due to allergies.  So, Sunday after lunch I took some allergy meds and had a nap, only to wake up for a little while, and go back to sleep.  Then I woke up and watched half a movie and went to bed for the night.  The good news is Monday when I woke up it wasn't as bad as it had been.  

So that's our weekend.  I really enjoyed seeing our church Easter drama... I hope it was an outreach to people in the community that came to watch.  So grateful for a Savior that has done and gives more than we could ever deserve, so blessed! 


post signature

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a lovely weekend! Hope your allergies ease up soon, so that you can enjoy this weather :)

    XX, SS || A Little Seersucker Sass

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Easter egg hunts. I'm still upset I didn't take Savanna on one this year. It was cold here the days when we had ours. :(

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love hearing from you! --Brooke