Monday, May 12, 2014

Wonderful Weekends: Preston's Graduation & Camping


Hello friends, and happy Monday!  This past weekend truly was wonderful! First of all, I took Friday off, making my weekend begin earlier, can't go wrong there... but more importantly, Preston graduated with his Master's degree this weekend and we enjoyed camping.

Let's start with Friday. Friday morning after we loaded the car, we headed to KY.  We were headed to Kentucky Christian University for Preston's graduation on Saturday morning, but we had a few stops to make along the way.  First stop was haircuts and I got my hair colored, and I must say, it might be my favorite coloring that I have had.  My hair is now a blend of darker brown and caramel.  We also stopped to look at patio furniture at a couple of stores and also visited with my grandparents for a while.  That afternoon, we went on to Grayson, KY and settled in for the weekend.  Since our families love to go camping, we planned to stay at a camp ground that we love for the weekend.

Saturday morning, we got up early, had some breakfast, and headed to the main event of the weekend, graduation!  It is such an accomplishment for Preston to now have his Master's in Christian Leadership!  Graduation went well, Preston was "hooded", and we got some pictures before heading back to the camp ground for a cook out with both of our families.  The hot dogs and burgers were cooked out side, but due to rain we had to eat inside the camper, that was okay though!  After our cook out, Preston's family headed home while we camped the rest of the weekend... I think Preston enjoyed having some time to relax after it quit raining!













Saturday evening when it rained, we played cards and Yahtzee inside the camper, which is always fun! Oh, and I must add, Chloe girl and Brinley's new puppy, Ace, also made the trip! 




Saturday evening the rain cleared up and we were able to enjoy some yummy s'mores and then called it a night! 


Sunday was Mother's Day and I was glad I got to spend the day with my mom.  We had breakfast and packed everything up to leave.  After packing, Chloe and I went on our walk.  I forgot to mention that I also walked Friday and Saturday.  The walk on Sunday made mile 12 that I have walked/jogged since the previous Monday!  

Afterwards, it was time to leave and head home.  We stopped on the way and bought swim suits to leave at my parents' house so that we don't always have to bring them. We then stopped at my parents' (which is on our way to our house) and stayed a while and enjoyed trying to tan swimming in the pool.  Sunday evening it was time to head on home, we got home, unpacked, and called it a night! 

We had such a great weekend, we are so blessed with such wonderful families and we enjoyed time spent with them... already looking forward to next weekend! 




4 comments:

  1. It was an awesome weekend for us. Bittersweet but wonderful. I love and adore my family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to P-ton!!!! :) And love your dress!!! Also, now I really want a smore!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for Preston! I LOVE the dress you wore to his graduation. You look amazing! Camping sounds like so much fun. The smores look so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there! Reached your blog through some other bloggers I follow :) Love all the pictures, congratulations on your 3rd anniversary - how sweet! Ahh, Chloe is so cute! Have a great weekend! xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love hearing from you! --Brooke