Monday, November 17, 2014

Wonderful Weekends: Newsboys concert

Rainy, cold, possibly going to snow.... this Monday is definitely one that I'd be okay if I were staying at home...in my bed.  This past weekend was a good one- it just ended too quickly, as usual.  Here's a brief recap:
 
Friday I wasn't feeling well at work- it's hard to be productive when you are sneezing, blowing your nose, and then getting hand sanitizer repeatedly.  I ended up leaving about 1:30 and went home to try to get some rest.  Friday was cold.... very cold. However, we spent the evening bundled up under layers of clothing (4 for me) at a football game. Normally I wouldn't have gone feeling the way I did, but it was my younger brother's last high school game and I didn't want to miss it.  After the game we went home and I went straight to sleep. 
 
Saturday morning we slept in a little while and then did some things around the house.  I gave Chloe dog a haircut and a bath. We got some laundry done and "tidied" up the house.  Then we headed to the store from some much needed grocery shopping.  The rest of the day was pretty low key until we got ready to go to a Newsboys concert with our youth group.  The 2 opening bands, 1 in particular were.... interesting.  However, we enjoyed the concert much more when the Newsboys started.  It is so great to be reminded that God is NOT dead. After the concert we loaded the buses and got back home around midnight.  Brinley and a couple of her friends spent the night at our house- started a movie and they were out.

Source
Sunday morning we got ready and went to church.  After church we had a dinner honoring the senior citizens at church.  After serving, we enjoyed lunch with them and then went home for a much needed Sunday nap. Sunday evening we went back to church and then had to run to Walmart for a hair dryer- mine was sparking and smoking when getting ready for church so I realized it was time for a new one.  Getting a new one was more difficult than I thought, I had my hair dryer, that I loved, for 7 years.  Oh well, the new one works and dried my hair so I suppose that's what matters.
 
Anyways, we had a good weekend, already looking forward to the next one! What did you do with your weekend?

1 comment:

  1. I love the Newsboys! How awesome that you all go to go!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love hearing from you! --Brooke