Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Weekend Recap: Labor Day 2014

Ahhh, 3 day weekends are great! Here's what went down for our Labor Day weekend...

Friday after work, I was trying to make it to Bradley and Brice's (my brothers) football game without being late. Well, the game was actually delayed for heat because it was above 100* on the field. When I got there, it was about 15 minutes until kick off, perfect! The game was a good one- we ended up winning and it was a great time. Here are some pictures from the game...

Bradley

Brice

Brinley

Saturday morning we got ready and headed to another football game, however because of heat, they were only able to play 1 quarter. We had Brice, Brinley, and 2 friends and we headed to camp to visit at Teen Retreat. We enjoyed seeing friends there and even got to witness one of them propose to his girlfriend after camp fire. We got home pretty late and all crashed in bed as soon as we got there.

Sunday we went to church and then Preston and I stopped at our new house to see what progress had been made. I was so excited to see that the walls are ready for paint. Post this week coming with house progress and pictures! Preston and I stopped on the way home and had Chinese for lunch. The restaurant we went to has recently changed up their selections and it was quite possibly the best Chinese Preston and I have ever had, we will definitely go back! After lunch I enjoyed a Sunday nap with my Chloe girl and then headed back to church that evening. After we got home, we watched some Parenthood on Hulu to get caught up before the 6th (and final) season starts this month.

Monday morning we slept it (cue choir angels) and it was wonderful. After getting ready, I went to get the oil changed in my car. I had planned on walking over to the nail salon for a pedicure while waiting on my car, only to find that they were closed. After getting a couple things in Walmart and getting my car, I headed back home to get Preston and then we met my parents at the campground they were at. We grilled hotdogs and got our fishing poles and headed out on the lake for a couple of hours, it was great. After we got back from the water, we played a few rounds of cards, which is always fun for us. We then went home and called it a night... good, relaxing, day off if you ask me!
Now it's already Wednesday this week and Friday is just 2 days away. Stay tuned for the house post!

1 comment:

  1. Holy Moly, I could pass out just thinking about that heat! I am glad you handled it well, but I just couldn't do it right now being this pregnant! Can't wait to see pictures and hear more about the house progress! :) So exciting!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love hearing from you! --Brooke