Monday, June 30, 2014

Happy Birthday!


Oh hello, remember me?  Yes, I realize I haven't been here in over 2 weeks... and I don't really have any good excuses, just haven't posted.  Anyways, if you are here, I'm glad you have stuck with me!

A few weeks ago, I decided that it would be a good idea to throw Preston a surprise birthday party, just the thought of it sounded fun to me!  Within about 5 minutes of having the initial thought, the party was scheduled and planning began.  About 30 of our family and friends all gathered at our house 2 weeks ago.  Thanks to our friends for letting me put the food at their house so there wouldn't be 30 hamburgers and 40 hot dogs in our kitchen (that just might have given a clue), and to our friend, Scott, for getting Preston out of the house the day of the party so we could prep, the party was a success and a complete surprise!  I am so thankful for everyone coming and also for everyone pitching in to make the party wonderful.  We had so much fun and it was great to see everyone.  


















Since the party was a surprise, we had it the week before Preston's actual birthday, which worked out nicely.  We continued birthday festivities the next weekend.  Out of all the places for Preston to choose from for his birthday lunch, he picked Arby's! 


Later on Saturday, we thought it was fitting to hit up Orange Leaf for some frozen yogurt.
I have had lots of fun celebrating Preston's birthday and I hope we are blessed to share many more birthday parties together!

3 comments:

  1. You are the sweetest wife! Happy Birthday Preston!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet! And you can't hate on a simple man that enjoys Arby's ;)

    We have decided just yesterday that we will host a 4th of July party this weekend. I love having company and entertaining but I always put myself under so much stress trying to make sure everything is perfect. This year I'm hoping to just keep things simple!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad the party went so well, and that P was surprised! The pictures are great-it looks like everyone had a great time! Wish we could have come!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love hearing from you! --Brooke