Wednesday, October 30, 2013

5,4,3,2,1....

Hello again, we're half way through the week! I am not sure if you have seen the 5,4,3,2,1 blog posts that have been out in the blog land lately, but I have and I decided to join in on the posting fun, so without further adieu...

5 things that I am looking foward to:
1. Getting my hair trimmed and colored this Saturday. My appointment was scheduled for a few weeks ago, but I had to reschedule so I am really looking forward to it (I'm sure all the people that have seen my roots are glad that I am going, too).
2. Game night on Friday.. some of our close friends are coming over for dinner and then we are playing some games. It is always a fun time with lots of laughter, the perfect way to end the work week!
3. In a couple of weekends, Preston and I are going to Pigeon Forge, TN with a couple of our friends. We are really looking forward to it because we haven't seen them in a while. Within this trip I am also looking forward to seeing the Dixie Stampede Christmas show and doing a little Christmas shopping at the outlet mall.
4. As you have read about it before, I am excited that Preston and I are making our flower box/bed. We started cutting the boards and building it last night, I can't wait to see the finished product, but more than that, I can't wait to see it filled with colorful blooms in front of our house in the Spring!
5. Call me crazy, but I'm one of those Black Friday shoppers that plans the trip and doesn't even sleep that night. I am excited that it's almost here and I've started receiving sale ads in my email inbox. I always look forward to this day, not only for the good deals, but because it is a tradition I share with my Mama!

4 things that you might not know about me:
1. I am a social worker and I love working in the helping profession, unlike the stereotype placed on social workers, I an not a "baby snatcher" or someone who just takes children away from their parents.
2. I fell off a 10 foot high dive onto concrete when I was 9 years old.
3. I love cruise vacations... seriously guys, I love them!
4. I hate hate hate tomatoes.

3 television shows that I love:
1.I know it's not actually a show title, but most anything on HGTV.
2. Duck Dynasty, Jack!
3. Now I'm trying to think of something I watched last night because I don't watch a ton of t.v., all I can think of is wheel of fortune, I wouldn't say I love it, though.

2 things that frustrate me:
1. The stereotype of my job profession that I mentioned before.
2. Poor customer service... ohhhh, don't even get me started!

1 of my favorite words
1. Not that it's a favorite, but the word flabbergasted just makes me laugh!

And there you have it, a whole bunch of pointless things that you probably didn't care to know about me... oh well, hope you enjoyed it anyways! Have a great rest of the week!!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

5 comments:

  1. I can't wait to hear about the Dixie Stampede Christmas. I looked into going to the one in Branson (we live in Oklahoma). I think we are going to go around Christmas Time, but we are going to see a Light Festival instead. I love Black Friday shopping too. I usually go with a group of family or friends, You have to divide and conquer. lol. I think being a social worker is a very important job. You make a difference!!! So glad I found your blog. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. November seemed a little early for a Christmas show, but we won't be back before then and it started showing today so... why not!? Thank you for your sweet comments!

      Delete
  2. We LOVE Duck Dynasty!! I'm super jealous about your trip to TN. I'm sure it will be fabulous at Christmas:) We are going to NY this year and I'm nervous about it. I'm a small town girl! I always wanted to be a social worker growing up, but I don't think I could deal with the heartache:( I'm such a sentimental person.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are some tough things... but the small moments where you can see a difference being made or a child coloring you a picture to put in your office and giving you a hug when they run out the door makes it all TOTALLY worth it :)

      Delete
  3. How did I not know about the diving/concrete accident? How did that happen and what happened!? Obv. you survived, so that's good! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love hearing from you! --Brooke