Monday, October 28, 2013

Wonderful weekends (moving, yard work, and pumpkin bars)

Good morning and happy Monday! Hope your weekend was a good one, we enjoyed ours, but as always, it ended to quickly. I am looking forward to Veteran's Day (nov. 11) because I get that day off as a paid holiday... a long weekend? I'll take it! Anyways, on with our past weekend.
Friday evening we went to Kentucky to watch Bradley's football game. They were ahead the first half, but things went down hill in the second half, wish they could have won, but they played great. We also got to visit with my grandparents for a little bit before the game which was nice. After the game we headed back to our house.
Saturday morning I was determined I was going to sleep in at least until 9:00am. After sleeping a little bit, we went to our old house to get the last things out. We got everything out and finished cleaning. Then we got ready and went to a fall festival with some kiddos from church. It was a fun evening and it was great to see lots of our friends that we don't always see.
Sunday was a normal Sunday, church, home, and church again. It's nice that we are in walking distance to church... since Preston needs to go earlier, he can get up and go and I can sleep a little longer (can you tell I love sleep on the weekends?) and then go without having to worry about extra gas being used. Sunday morning I was super excited because I was having a good hair day, my hair is always flat and I never have volume, so when I had a little bit, I was ecstatic... it was a fabulous start to tthe day. After church we walked back to our house and had a quick lunch and then went to our old house. I had planted some roses earlier in the year and I wanted to move some of them to our new house since they have been doing well. We dug them up and then got them to our new house and dug holes and replanted them. I really like where they are and I can't wait to see them once they bloom again (since I haven't been at the place they were at they were a bit neglected, but I'm sure they'll be okay). After getting cleaned back up it was back to church. After the evening service we went back to the old house and put up the owner's decorations that we had boxed away why we lived there. We are completely done with that house now and there won't be anymore trips back and forth, can you hear the angels singing?! Hallelujah!! We ended the evening with some pumpkin bars I made with cream cheese frosting and a little bit of "Hocus Pocus".
And now for some pictures from our weekend:

Well, that brings us to this morning, it's a gloomy rainy day.. I'm hoping it gets a little bit nicer outside, we are buildind a flower box this evening! A post on that is in the near future, so check back!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

5 comments:

  1. Girl that pumpkin bar looks so yummy!!! Also, Chloe is precious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've made the pumpkin bar before and it is SO good. I make it every year for Thanksgiving:) New follower! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. welcome, Laurie...glad you stopped by :)

      Delete
  3. Sounds like a great weekend! I love your hair! BTW, I'm Tracy. I found your blog through another that I follow. I'm looking forward to following along.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tracy! Thanks so much, and so glad you stopped by!

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by, I love hearing from you! --Brooke