Monday, September 5, 2011

Welcome to the Riffe's

Hello!  I hope everyone had a great Labor Day weekend.  Preston and I didn't have many plans for our long weekend, except to catch up on some much needed rest and enjoy our Monday together.  Saturday we enjoyed a baked salmon dinner with friends, John and Rachel.  They were so nice to invite us over for the evening.  Sunday we enjoyed a great worship time and message at church that was followed by a yummy lunch at home.  Soon after lunch was a fantastic nap, man... it was wonderful!  Sunday night we had fun with Adam and Renee with game night, including Apples to Apples and cards.  That catches us up til today, Monday.  This morning, Preston and I slept in and then after getting ready, we headed to Ashland.  After not having such a great week last week, we decided we wanted to do something fun today.  Our first stop was Hobby Lobby.  Now, if you know me, you know that I consider just going there fun.  Well, it was great!  I have been planning to get supplies to make a fall wreath and I got everything I needed.  There was SO much to choose from, and it was all 50% off, score!  I plan on posting about my wreath making process next week.  After Hobby Lobby, we stopped at Cheddar's and enjoyed a delicious lunch... Lemon pepper chicken? Yes, please!  After lunch we hit Wally-World for a few groceries and came home.  We really enjoyed spending a date day together. 
Now, I have been meaning to post about our apartment, since we have been living there since May and I decided I should give you a picture tour today.  Here we go!

When walking in our front door, you enter the living room/dining area.

Our Living Room


Another angle of the living room,
thanks for the painting idea, Emily!


Living room, again.
 From the living room leading into the kitchen, is where our dining table is.

From the living room, you can see our teeny tiny, yes I said teeny tiny, kitchen.  Even though it is small, we can still do everything we need to.  This makes me look forward to the day that I have a larger kitchen!

As we go down the hall way...
Our first stop is a bathroom... we often refer to it as "Preston's Bathroom" simply because that is where he gets ready every day and he picked out the decorations.


Now you are coming to our spare bedroom/office.  We have a futon that pulls out to a full size bed when we have company.  Surprisingly, we have already had great use out of it from different guests we've had.  The first one of course, was Miss Brinley.  This room has lots of stuff from our dorm rooms, hence all of my pink!

I just realized that I forgot to take pictures of the laundry room, but it isn't that exciting.... so, oh well!
Here is our bedroom:

Last but not least is the master bathroom, also known as "Brooke's Bathroom" because just like Preston's, this is where I get ready and I picked out the decor... of course it had to match the bedroom!

Well, I hope you have enjoyed touring our apartment... see ya next time!

Brooke

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, I love hearing from you! --Brooke