Saturday, September 24, 2011

Hello, Fall!

Since my last post, it has really started looking, and feeling, like Fall here in Grayson.  We all know that Fall reminds us of Thanksgiving and this past week, Preston and I have been blessed with countless things to be thankful for.  Last week went by pretty quickly and we were off to Pikeville, Abingdon, and Elizabethton for a long weekend.  However, all of that excitement is in another upcoming post.  Today, I am sharing a couple of my  fall projects that I have been working on...my first attempt at wreath making and some outdoor decorating, warning: lots of pictures!  
Making my wreath was wonderful, who knew some fake leaves and a glue gun could be so much fun?  I loved every minute of it!  I had looked on Google images for a few ideas but didn't really find anything so I just went with my own idea.  After getting my supplies at... you guessed it, Hobby Lobby, I couldn't wait to get started.  I first applied the leaves and berries and followed with the bigger items, the last being the beautiful bow (which my fantastic Mom assisted with).  Enough words, here are the pictures! 



Love this!


I just love that sparkley corn!
As mentioned before, I loved making this wreath and really love how it turned out, I can't wait to make one for Christmas, Winter in general, and any other time I can make one!  

Outside, thanks to Nana and P-Paw, we have a lovely bale of straw with some pumpkins and gourds to spruce things up a bit. We really enjoyed picking out our pumpkins and gourds, even had to make a second trip back to get more!  Here is our or hanging wreath and outdoor decor!




Hope you enjoyed seeing some of our fall projects, come back to read about our future home! 

Brooke

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, I love hearing from you! --Brooke