Thursday, January 15, 2015

What's new with me...


Woohoo for Thursday, it's my Friday this week! It seems like the last couple have flown by.  With the beginning of the year, I didn't make any resolutions, however there are some things I am doing differently now days.  Nothing over the top, possibly not even worth blogging about, but I want to use it for my own memory.

1. Different foundation and powder
I knew I needed to get different make up because 1) what I had was almost gone, and 2) it wasn't really doing what I wanted it to do.  I have a combination/oily skin type and by mid day my "T-zone" is often oily- which I hate.... Clinique to the rescue. I have been using the stay-matte oil-free foundation and it has been great. Next time I will get a shade darker, though. You can find it here.

source
I have also tried new powder.  I have been using loose powder for years, and it's actually what I prefer, but I tried this compact powder, also stay-matte.  I have liked it so far, but will get a shade darker in it as well.

2. Food Choices
I have really been trying to do better with food choices and thinking about calories and food intake instead of just eating what I want.  Watching portions, as well.  I've been logging my food daily with My Fitness Pal and I feel like I have been doing better than I have started trying to do this in the past. I've started prepacking and preparing meals ahead of time and it makes eating healthier SO much easier.  My daily lunch for the last 2 weeks has been raw veggies and fresh fruit. Of course I slip at times, but I feel like it's a step in the right direction. 

3. Exercising
I've always exercised on and off, but what's new this time is that when I don't get to work out because of working late or other evening commitments, I actually miss it.  I've never missed working out before.  I have started doing Zumba again at a place I hadn't been to before and the environment and peers is fantastic!

4. Organization
With my job, there are multiple due dates, clients, etc.  I have created a new organization method for myself to keep everything on track and it is working wonderfully- here's to being on top of things!

5. Current Netflix Obsession
We all have those shows that we binge watch at times, don't we? Just me? Recently we started watching "Once Upon A Time". It is different than something I would usually watch, but it's been pretty good. I feel like it's a really long movie broken up over episodes.  I've also been watching "Gossip Girl", also not something that I would normally watch... it took a while to get into it, but now I'm hooked.

6. New Book
This is where you come in! I've been wanting to start a new book but not sure of what I want to read.  I loved "The Fault In Our Stars" and like stuff such as "Heaven Is For Real"... any and all book suggestions are welcomed and appreciated!

2 comments:

Thanks for stopping by, I love hearing from you! --Brooke