Friday, January 30, 2015

Finally Friday!

Finally, we've made it to Friday! This week has taken forever to get through... but finally the weekend is almost here.  I'm ready to dump some random thoughts:

1. We have  a new member of our family- meet Niko (pronounced nee-ko).  Niko was a surprise this past weekend. Niko is a Maine Coon cat (who will grow to be very large).  My aunt breeds cats and we thought we would be able to get one this summer, but it happened a little sooner.  This is the friendliest cat I've ever seen.  He has done very well adjusting and surprisingly Chloe dog hasn't seemed to mind too much.



2. Of course I can't mention the cat without mentioning the dog... our dog Chloe has cataracts causing her to be mostly blind.  She still has some vision, however from our walk this past Sunday, it was evident that her sight has gotten worse. 

3. I'm ready for Spring... who's with me?  Flip flops, flower beds, and warmer weather- I'm ready to see you again!

4. We already have our vacation rental for this Summer booked and I cannot wait to be back in the Outerbanks!  When I'm on vacation, I like for things to be low key and not a rush. Since the OBX isn't very commercial, it gives us just what we need for vacation- relaxation.

5. I'm excited to say that I have met my January goal for weight loss- trying to lose at least 5 pounds a month... that'd be 30 pounds before our beach trip!

6. I have been going to Zumba a few times a week.  When I am exercising, the most annoying thing is my pants sliding down and having to keep pulling them up.  Well, last night I wore a new pair that I had ordered from Kohls and they were fantastic! I didn't pull at them one time, making it a better hour of exercise because I wasn't worried about my pants.  Only problem is now I want a pair in every color! You can find these capris here.  They do run a little big so I ordered a size down and they were perfect. 

Okay, that's all I've got today.... time to finish out the work week before heading to Brinley's cheer competition this weekend!



(I did not receive any compensation from Kohls or Fila for mentioning the workout capris, all thoughts and opinions are my own, just wanted to share!)

1 comment:

  1. I am happy about Niko but sad for Chloegirl. Poor baby.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love hearing from you! --Brooke