Tuesday, October 14, 2014

We're Homeowners!

If you know me personally, you know that the past 2 weeks has been a roller coaster in the home buying process. However, we've gotten off the ride because we are officially homeowners !! We are thankful and feel so blessed for this house to finally be ours. We closed last Thursday evening, and after closing we went to the house, then to the storage unit where all of our stuff has been for the past two months, we found the easiest bed to get out of the Jenga grid of belongings and loaded it in the truck. We got pizza to take to the house for dinner and then after going to my parents' house to get some clothes, we were headed back to our house to spend our very first night there.

Friday was spent moving, unpacking, and organizing. We got SO much done Friday and I was glad with my decision to take that day off. We are grateful for all who helped us in this moving process! Friday evening we quit unpacking and headed to my brothers' football game. It rained the whole time, but we enjoyed watching anyways.

Saturday we finished moving everything in and had it all moved by noon. We spent more time unpacking and organizing. Preston and I headed to Hobby Lobby (it just opened in our town) and I got some chalk pens, cannisters, and some fall decorations. Saturday evening we had family game night at church which was really fun, so grateful for a wonderful church family!

Sunday was church and more organizing....

Monday I was off for Columbus Day (woohoo!!) and we finished putting everything away inside the house, now to organize the garage. Also on Monday, I may or may not have made another trip to Hobby Lobby :)

So thankful to be in our home, we love it! God has blessed us beyond measure and I can't wait to see what the future in this house will bring!



More house pictures coming soon!

4 comments:

  1. Happy for both of you. Enjoy your new home to the fullest! God is good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh, congrats y'all! So excited for you :)

    XX, SS || A Little Seersucker Sass

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, congrats!! Can't wait to see a post all about your home!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay I'm so happy for you all.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love hearing from you! --Brooke