Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Check that off the bucket list....

This post is a bit late, but better late than never.  On April 11th, I completed my first 5k.  Completing a 5k has been a goal for myself for quite a while. It was a new year's resolution goal.... last year.  I've been running some here and there and going to Zumba regularly. I finally felt like I should just do it.  Man, I am glad I did!  Even though there were times during the 3.1 miles that I had to walk, I finished, and that is what mattered. This particular 5k raised funds for a local agency that helps children of child abuse.  The theme was super hero, which added to the fun.  It also helped that I had a friend starting the race with me and my family was there cheering me on at the finish line.  Brinley, my sister, finished 1st place in her age group... she's pretty awesome. Here are some pictures from my first 5k.


 

 
 
Not only did this 5k benefit children of abuse, I felt a great since of accomplishment when I was finished.
 
After finishing the race, I joked that I was finished with running until next April... but then we found out there is a princess 5k at the end of May... sign me up!
 
 


3 comments:

  1. How much fun! I want to run a 5K. I'll have to start looking into it. I love your outfit. Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!! I do just 1 5k a year- to benefit a hospice that my grandma was at. Other than that, I just run. Although, I am completely willing to do a RunDisney 5k! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by, I love hearing from you! --Brooke