Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Blog fail and an update

Okay, I really thought I had posted a weekend recap last week.... I was certain I had made another post since writing about Thanksgiving, but it doesn't look like it.  Must have thought about posting it, does that count?  I guess since I haven't blogged in forever it's time for an update!
 
So what have we been doing since Thanksgiving? 
 
The first week of December my younger sister and her squad had their regional cheer competition.  After work I headed straight to the Expo center to watch.  The girls did great and got 1st place in their division, sending them to state!  Also during the first week of December, my younger brother and sister turned 15 years old. 15. How in the world did that happen?  The morning of their birthday we had church directory pictures to take at church and then afterwards, Brinley came to our house for a little while, we watched The Grinch if I'm remembering correctly.  Brice had an away basketball game.  Later that afternoon, two of Brinley's friends came to our house and we headed to get some necessities for the evening at Wal-Mart.... and by necessities, I mean biscuits and gravy, ice cream, and a gingerbread house kit.  We had breakfast for dinner, at the birthday girl's request after we got back to the house.  Shortly after, Brice and my parents got back from his game and brought a cookie cake to celebrate their birthdays.  They stayed a little while and then after they went home, the girls made their gingerbread house  a mess. It turned out....okay. Cupcakes were also baked and decorated that evening. 
 
The second week of December, we had church and then went out for lunch to celebrate Brinley and Brice's birthday since we didn't get to have a "birthday dinner" on Saturday.  After lunch we headed to my parents' house for Brinley's ice cream cake (remember, Brice had a cookie cake the day before). Also in the second week of December, Preston and I finished up making some props for our youth Christmas program.  We also attended a concert and finished Christmas shopping.. but that's for another post. 
 
This week, we're wrapping and getting everything for Christmas. I'm also working extra hard at work (part of why I have been MIA lately) to be ahead since I will be taking off the whole week of Christmas and will have 9 glorious days away from my office that will be filled with family time, friend time, and sleep.
 
Anything new with you all?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, I love hearing from you! --Brooke